- Stimulates cervical mucus production
- Stimulates lining of uterus to grow
FSH and LH
- Heats up female body temperature
- Dries cervical mucus
- Supports and nourishes lining of uterus
on Fertility:There are a number of biological facts that have been discovered in the past century that are necessary to understand how NFP works. They are as follows:
- A woman ovulates only one day in each cycle.
- An egg lives only 12 to 24 hours.
- Sperm need good mucus to survive.
- Sperm will live 3-5 days in good mucus.
- Sperm will die within hours or minutes when not in good mucus.
- A man and woman together are only fertile for 6 days.
- Satisfactory ovulation
- Healthy and open fallopian tubes
- Healthy endometrium for implantation
- Healthy cervix with adequate cervical mucus
- Healthy and adequate sperm
- Mutual and supportive relationship between the husband and wife is helpful